[3830] CQWW CW K0TV M/M HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k0tv@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW K0TV M/M HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2013 11:40:09 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: K0TV
Operator(s): W1END KB1SNB NB1N NM1C K0TV
Station: K0TV

Class: M/M HP
QTH: FN42hr
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:   41    11       27
   80:  346    22       91
   40:  410    32      113
   20: 1128    34      113
   15: 1008    35      128
   10:  483    31      123
------------------------------

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

We lost two of our best run operators for this contest. One was unavoidably out
of town and the other decided to take this year off from this contest. On the
other end, we got three new ops here that had never had a chance to operate at
a bigger station. We decided to go M/M again in this contest so we wouldn't
have to worry about band change rules. With KC1XX and K1LZ as M/2 in our same
section and division respectively, there was not much chance for us even to
take the section, much less the division.

Eldon, W1END, really stepped up for this contest coming in early on Saturday to
handle one of the run stations. Sandor, NB1N, was a new operator here who came
in early on both days to handle runs on 20. The other two operators were Matt,
NM1C, who is just getting back into contesting; and Rich, KB1SNB, who is a very
new contest op. Rich's last CW contest was operated with a straight key only and
he made 500 QSOs with that. My wrist just hurts thinking about that. I did a VHF
contest about 30 years ago using only a straight key and that wasn't quite as
many contacts on CW.

The equipment performed well for this contest. We had no major failures this
time, for a change.

MVP for this contest was Eldon, W1END, who stepped up really came through with
an excellent effort.

Thanks for everybody who called in. We'll see many of you in the ARRL and CQ
160 contests. I look forward to working everyone in the ARRL DX contests in
February and March.

73, Jerry - K0TV