[3830] ARRL 160 WD0T Single Op QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wd0t@mncomm.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 WD0T Single Op QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 08 Dec 2013 18:45:23 +0000
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: WD0T
Operator(s): WD0T
Station: WD0T

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: SD
Operating Time (hrs): 4.5

Total:  QSOs = 68  Sections = 26  Countries = 0  Total Score = 3,536

Club:

Comments:

Spent a very limited time on Friday right at contest start for about 5 minutes,
and then from 0447Z-0710Z, and again Sunday morn from 0711Z-0921Z approx.
Conditions MUCH better Saturday nite. Worked 53 stations Fri eve/ Sat morn. in
2.5 hours and worked ONLY 15 more Sunday morn. in just over 2 hours.

IF you worked me, you DO have GREAT ears, I was running QRP 5w with a TS940S
cranked down, and end feeding the open wire to my low 200ft Vee beam, so about
25ft vertical, and 200ft horizontal.. though an MFJ tuner.. Needless to say, it
worked well close in, but very difficult further out.

Best DX was WWA, and EPA, didn't work the East coast at all, and NO CA stations
could hear me.. Did get NTX, LA, and heard my Florida friend N4OX- Jay but he
couldn't copy me, did get a couple quetion marks!

It was fun trying to see who could hear me Qrp with a ver POOR antenna, and
every one of the 68 I worked definately have great ears, so congrats to you
guys!

Congrats on the FB scores, and keeping with the contest during its ups and
downs.

Hope we can work next weekend, I will be in Bismarck, ND, for a Swim meet for
my kids, so will have 10m dipole at 20-30ft and 100 watts portable from my car!
  10m Band sounds great right now at 1844Z here in SD!

73 God Bless, Todd WD0T