[3830] ARRL 10 W1TJL M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 W1TJL M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2013 01:20:57 +0000
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: W1TJL
Operator(s): W1TJL K1EBY N1IXF
Station: W1TJL

Class: M/S HP
QTH: East Hartland, CT
Operating Time (hrs): 33

   CW:  915   132
  SSB:  842   135
-------------------
Total: 1757   267  Total Score = 1,426,848

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

My favorite contest!  Not sure why this has always been my favorite contest but
it is...  Most years I do single op but this year decided to do a multi-single
with K1EBY and N1IXF.  And I think we did quite well!  Band was open early
morning and stayed open late.

We used my new FTDX5000 on 2 antennas - a Force C-40 and a homebrew 2 element
spyder quad.  The Force is at 80 ft. and the Quad is at 75 ft.  It was quite
interesting how the Force would be quite a bit better sometimes and other times
the Quad would be much better.  At all times though the quad was quieter!  With
the snow, the quad often had the edge due to static noise.

And it was snow here.  No ice (thank God!) despite the weather guessers saying
it was going to ice up.  Never got above 27 here at 1300 ft...

So we are very happy with the station and we had fun and thanks to my XYL some
good food...  Thanks to everyone who made a contact with us!  And thanks to
Frank and Rich for coming up and playing with me this weekend!  Next contest
here is the CQ160 CW contest in January... (Unless I find something before
then!)

73, Tom W1TJL