[3830] ARRL 10 N0VD SO SSB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n0vd@dxcentral.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 N0VD SO SSB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2013 03:21:48 +0000
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: N0VD
Operator(s): N0VD
Station: N0VD

Class: SO SSB HP
QTH: CO
Operating Time (hrs):

   CW:
  SSB: 1005   103
-------------------
Total: 1005   103  Total Score = 212,310

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Comments:

I had thought I might play Mixed Mode but when I got my "official"
start on Saturday morning my brain was like scrambled eggs and I just couldn't
get into the fray.  Decided at that point that I'd just do SSB. Also had some
things come up on Saturday that pulled me away from the chair and after the
band finally closed Saturday evening I had around 350 Qs in the log.

Got up Sunday hoping the band would be decent to EU. The signals that were
there were loud and I often got a "big signal" from the guys I called
while in S&P mode, but I could never get a run going.  I only managed about
2 hours in the chair before deciding I felt terrible and needed to go back to
bed.  After sleeping another 5 hours or so, the competitive spirit pushed me to
get up around 1pm local and finish out the contest. It was certainly nice to
hear 10M full of signals from out here in Colorado.

Kelly - N0VD