[3830] ARRLDX CW W9WI SOAB QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, dougw9wi@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW W9WI SOAB QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2014 01:00:01 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: W9WI
Operator(s): W9WI
Station: W9WI

Class: SOAB QRP
QTH: Tennessee
Operating Time (hrs): most
Radios: SO2R

  160:    2     2
   80:   17    14
   40:  122    58
   20:  335    76
   15:  389    79
   10:  306    78
-------------------
Total: 1171   307  Total Score = 1,078,491

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

23 dupes due to stations failing to ID.  Two people are going to get a NIL
because even after listening to three more QSOs they still wouldn't ID.  (of
course, they were probably dupes so they won't notice:) )

I suppose I could refuse to call anyone who isn't IDing -- but then I would
have missed ten valid QSOs and two multipliers...

Didn't do as well on 80 as last year.

=====

OK, that's the bad.

The good: Excellent conditions Saturday, pretty good conditions Sunday.

Any contest in which one can work Thailand, China, and *two* Antarctica
stations from Tennessee -- while running QRP -- is a good contest!

The Golden Ears award -- for being able to copy my puny signal on 80 meters
from a location across the Atlantic Ocean -- goes to two operators this year.
One, the 80m operator at TM6M; the other, the 80m op at CN2AA.  While the path
to Hawaii doesn't (usually) cross the Atlantic, KH6LC's 80m op deserves a
Golden Ears as well.

While I've made a smattering of run QSOs with QRP in the past, this is the
first year running has actually contributed significantly to the score.

Enjoyed it!

=====

Don't know that there was any "ugly".  Maybe a few disjointed QSOs
when I forgot to close the shack door & the cat decided to sit on the
keyboard...

See you all next year!