[3830] ARRLDX CW NW3H SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, nw3h@verizon.net
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW NW3H SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2014 02:15:53 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: NW3H
Operator(s): NW3H
Station: NW3H

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: Skippack, PA
Operating Time (hrs): 8.5

  160:    0     0
   80:    6     5
   40:   64    40
   20:  114    61
   15:   84    54
   10:   42    31
-------------------
Total:  310   191  Total Score = 177,630

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

Wife was sick since last Thursday so I had the girls all weekend.  No where near
enough time with my wife out of commission.  I have been dealing with colds,
bronchitis and the like this entire wretched winter we have had here in the Mid
Atlantic so I was down myself.  Only had a little over 8 hours.  The station
played well but I do much better during the day.  Unfortunately I was only on
for 3.5 hours of my time during the day on the tribander.  At night once 20
closes I am using wires and my dipoles work ok but when the solar storm hit
Saturday night I just went to bed.  Overall a very disappointing weekend.  The
third time in the last year my wife was sick during a major contest.  I think
"contestitis" is a new strain of disease and one that has killed my
scores most of the last year except for CQWW Phone 2013.  Oh well, praying for
health for everyone going into Phone in two weeks.  Score was down about 50%
over last year's personal best.  This was entirely search and pounce.

Thanks to the DX for the QSOs.  73 de NW3H

Antennas:
Mosley Mini 32a tribander
Carolina Windom (used for 40 meters)
80/40 meter dipole