[3830] ARRLDX CW W1UE(@W1KM) M/M HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, egan.dennis88@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW W1UE(@W1KM) M/M HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2014 14:52:04 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: W1UE
Operator(s): W1UE W1KM K1XM W1FJ KA1IOR N1TB NI1L
Station: W1KM

Class: M/M HP
QTH: ma
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:  117    52
   80:  773    89
   40: 1431   107
   20: 2021   121
   15: 1852   127
   10: 1453   119
-------------------
Total: 7647   615  Total Score = 14,088,420

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Wow!  What a fun weekend!  Condx on the high bands just never seemed to quit.
Between the geomagnetic storm and the raging nor'easter we had (10+" of
snow from 3pm to 11pm Sat local time) putting a crimp on the low bands, the
high bands were fantastic!

The W1KM station suffered a lot of damage in the Feb 2013 Nor'easter storm; its
taken most of the year to get it back in shape.  We are still limited to one
antenna on several bands, but they all seemed to play this weekend.  We set up
as a 4 xmitter MM; we could have done it as 6 xmit, but with only 3 full time
ops it seemed the way to go (we never did have more than 5 ops available at one
time, and then only 3 bands were open).

20M never really closed the first night, and 15M opened to Europe and was
runnable both days at 1020Z.  Pileups were never deep; it was a steady stream
of 1, 2, or 3 stations that would respond to a CQ.  I can't remember a CQ that
ever resulted in a pileup with more than 3 stations. What the pileups lacked in
depth they made up for in longevity.

Biggest surprise of the contest for me was the BA and HS that called in on 40M
during the last hour of the contest- and neither of them was a mult at that
time!

As always, thanks to Greg W1KM for making the station available so we could
have some fun.

Dennis W1UE