[3830] ARRLDX SSB N1EU SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, barry.n1eu@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB N1EU SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2014 00:46:15 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: N1EU
Operator(s): N1EU
Station: N1EU

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: Albany NY
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:   12    12
   80:   40    38
   40:  104    62
   20:  267    96
   15:  396   100
   10:  931   117
-------------------
Total: 1750   425  Total Score = 2,231,250

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Just a limited effort to garner some points for the club and play with a new
Apache Labs ANAN-100D SDR.  It's hard for me to put in much chair time in a ssb
contest.  Conditions on the high bands seemed quite good accompanied by
universally wide signals with high IMD.  That's the one down side of using
panadapters - you see clearly how bad most of the signals are.

Was happy to see the 10Q rate get up to 400 and stay there for a while, which
was a first.  The DDC/DUC SDR receiver was exceptionally clean and helped sort
out the pileups and the garbage on the bands.

I played with making some HD screen capture videos with stereo diversity audio
and will try to post them to YouTube at http://goo.gl/6VAlR6

Here in the northeast, we were plagued by wideband interference 28.6-28.9MHz
that pulsed slowly on and off - here's a panadapter picture of it:
http://n1eu.com/10M%20RFI%20a.gif

Thanks for everyone's participation!

Equipment:
Apache Labs ANAN-100D