[3830] NMQP WD5COV Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wd5cov@vtc.net
Subject: [3830] NMQP WD5COV Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2014 16:23:37 +0000
                    New Mexico QSO Party

Call: WD5COV
Operator(s): WD5COV
Station: WD5COV

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: NM
Operating Time (hrs): 12

  160:
   80:           5
   40:    8     92
   20:         783
   15:    3      6
   10:
    6:
----------------------------
Total:   11    886      0  Mults = 90  Total Score = 163,440

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

Our local radio club, (Mimbres Valley Radio Club) had planned to run a portable
operation from Hidalgo county this year. Unfortunately we had to cancel the
event and decided to run from our own QTH's this year.
20 meters was the money band as conditions on the higher bands were very poor.
I ran one 4/4 stack  pointed east and the other 4/4 stack pointed west. This
gave me great coverage and endless supply of callers. I made most of the 40
meter q's the last hour of the contest and found I could hear better on the 160
meter 4 square than on the 4 el yagi. It was still bright day here.
For the first time in the last four years, we did not suffer with 50 MPH winds
here on QSO party day! No blowing dust and high static this year!

73
Dave WD5COV