[3830] GaQP W4AN/M(@K4BAI/M) Rover Multi-OpCW LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k4bai@att.net
Subject: [3830] GaQP W4AN/M(@K4BAI/M) Rover Multi-OpCW LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2014 16:23:37 +0000
                    Georgia QSO Party

Call: W4AN/M
Operator(s): KU8E K4BAI
Station: K4BAI/M

Class: Rover Multi-OpCW LP
QTH: 43 GA Counties
Operating Time (hrs): 20

  160:       0      0
   80:      40      0
   40:     517      0
   20:    1026      0
   15:      34      0
   10:       0      0
    6:       0      0
------------------------
Total:    1617      0  CW-Dig Mults = 49  Ph Mults = 0  Total Score = 158,466

Club: Columbus Amateur Radio Club

Comments:

IC756Pro, 100W, Hustler mobile whips (with a DX Engineering top hat on 20M).
This year, we had two antennas mounted on the trunk with mag mounts grounded to
the car chasis.  This made band changes easier than in the past.  However, we
did have an unusual amount of RFI, particularly on 40M, which caused us to have
to reboot the computer or the logging program frequently and resulted in our
having to use the paddle and keyer for most sending.  We did sometimes have
computer sending on the bands other than 40.  Rig control from the computer
didn't work for some reason, so we had some band change errors in the log that
were corrected afterward.

Band conditions on Saturday were miserable.  Except for one year when we had a
flare that wiped out the bands completely for 45 minutes or so, these were as
bad band conditions as I have experienced in any GQP.  We made only 530 QSOs in
10 hours on Saturday.  QRN was high on 80 Saturday night.  Sunday was much
better.  40M was the big band on Saturday and 20M on Sunday.  Thanks to all who
participated.  Particularly the mobiles.  Also the DX stations.  Already looking
forward to next year.

And in two weeks, KU8E and I will again be QRV in the FL QSO Party.  This year,
we had great navigation help from KU8E's oldest son, Andrew, who is looking
forward to getting his driver's license next year and helping with the driving
too.  Thanks Andrew.

Note that the N1MM program seems to give credit for one multiplier for a DX
station per mode.  In other words, "DX" is counted as one mult on
CW/Dig and one on Phone.  This is not in accordance with the rules of GQP,
which give no multiplier credit for DX QSOs, just QSO point credit.  This is
not extremely significant and requires no correction, but the claimed scores
posted by operators using the N1MM logging program may be slightly inflated.

73, John, K4BAI.