[3830] GaQP K4QPL Single OpCW LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k4qpl2@nc.rr.com
Subject: [3830] GaQP K4QPL Single OpCW LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2014 21:58:45 +0000
                    Georgia QSO Party

Call: K4QPL
Operator(s): K4QPL
Station: K4QPL

Class: Single OpCW LP
QTH: NC
Operating Time (hrs): 4
Remote Operation

  160:      0       0
   80:     19       0
   40:     52       0
   20:     10       0
   15:      1       0
   10:      0       0
    6:      0       0
------------------------
Total:     82       0  CW-Dig Mults = 49  Ph Mults = 0  Total Score = 7,938

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

The real contest was the conflict between enjoying the great weather at the
beach and chasing the GA mobiles from county to county. The beach mostly won
but working remote let me also play radio with a laptop for a few hours.
Propagation on the high bands wasn't very good from NC in beating the pileups
from stations further away. I suspect a low dipole with higher takeoff angle
might have been more effective.

Outside of NCQP, being from GA this is a favorite QSO Party. It is hard to
believe this is the 53rd year for GQP and I was a rover in GQP #1!!