[3830] FlQP N4CW SO MobileCW LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n4cw@aol.com
Subject: [3830] FlQP N4CW SO MobileCW LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2014 02:15:14 +0000
                    Florida QSO Party

Call: N4CW
Operator(s): N4CW
Station: N4CW

Class: SO MobileCW LP
QTH: FL/NC
Operating Time (hrs): 20

   40:   54     0
   20:  729     0
   15:   11     0
   10:    0     0
--------------------
Total:  794     0  CW Mults = 65  Ph Mults = 0  Total Score = 103,220

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Ran 50 Watts to the K3 until the last county and then I cranked it up to 100W!
Did seven different counties first day, starting in PUT and ending in
NAS(covering the NE part of NFL). Second day I started in DUV and ended in MAO
(Ocala National Forest!), covering the mid-coast and mid-inland. I ran both
days in "lone ranger" fashion, no separate driver; thus, I drove to a
county, parked, and operated. I operated in shopping centers, church yards, a
college parking lot, and access roads leading to boat ramps! I had to select
shade because temps ranged up to 94 degrees (Eustis on Sunday afternoon!).
Most roads travelled were in excellent condition...and Florida has some LONG
stretches of straight roads...it was easy to observe the "vanishing
point" perspective of power lines as I sighted down the road! I put on
around 500 miles over both days.
Great fun, but I don't know if I ever want to do this alone again! Many thanks
to all the great ops that pounced on me when I opened up in a new
county...great for the ego to be the "DX"! Sorry I had to hesitate
between calls -- my logger wouldn't log my entry so I had to hit three
additional keys to log the call. Also, the logger didn't give any QSO points
nor spell out any mults except for FL counties! The above totals are pretty
close, but I'm counting on the contest folks to apply the points
appropriately.
Many thanks to all who called, and my apologies for missing any callers!