[3830] All Asian CW OH8X(JK3GAD) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jk3gad@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] All Asian CW OH8X(JK3GAD) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2014 17:12:33 +0000
                    All Asian DX Contest, CW

Call: OH8X
Operator(s): JK3GAD
Station: OH8X

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: KP35CE
Operating Time (hrs): 40
Radios: SO2R

  160:    4     4
   80:   13    11
   40:  115    71
   20:  510   182
   15:  484   179
   10:   34    31
-------------------
Total: 1161   478  Total Score = 580,770

Club:

Comments:

This is my first visit to OH8X station since the loss of Tower 7. I can tell you
scenery was completely changed....

Anyway, propagation was not good as last year as most people already noted.
10M - only one JA worked. need to monitor the band constantly as deep QSB and
suddenly pop up.
15M - supposed to be main band. Actually open 24 hours a day, I can hear both
JA and US/Canadian station but signal was relatively weak. There is no peak
hours, usually around 20-21Z.
20M - same as 15M, signal was weak. There is nice run on Saturday just after JA
sunrise as usual , however, it is not the case on Sunday(Monday in JA time)
40M - weak signal as well as low activity. No 4 elements stack made me
difficult to work JA....
80M/160M - only UA9,TA,A6,UN, etc..... I can hear several JAs on 80M but no
luck....

Overall, just over 1K QSOs and peak rate of just 60 for full 48 hours is very
tough like torture. One good sign is increasing number of participants from BY.
Otherwise, time to shorten the duration to 24 hours?

Thanks to Radio Arcala team for station use. See you everyone in SSB part.

73 Kazu
M0CFW, M5Z, JK3GAD