[3830] IARU N8PW SO CW HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n8pw@neo.rr.com
Subject: [3830] IARU N8PW SO CW HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2014 02:34:09 +0000
                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: N8PW
Operator(s): N8PW
Station: N8PW

Class: SO CW HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 21.25

  160:          0
   80:    72            7       7
   40:   364           24      29
   20:   533           24      34
   15:   171           20      25
   10:    12            5       3
-------------------------------------
Total:  1152    0      80      98  Total Score = 752,406

Club: North Coast Contesters

Comments:

SO1R here with K3 and MFJ-ALS-600 amp with sticking relay (Sorry about all the
W's who I copied as M's; etc). Hey, Frosty, where is my new amp?
Antennas - Force 12 D-240 with C4-SXL and a ground fed bent over vertical for
80 & 160. Thats the best I can do on a city lot. I spent very little time
on 160. Heard and worked many 1x1's, but really did not try to work all of
them.  Slow start to contest as condx on 20 & 15 were poor here until 2
hours or so into the contest.
Worked only CW, as it is difficult to smoke my pipe and work SSB at the same
time. I lit a boom mike once with a match (in stead of my pipe) and did not
like the smell of burning plastic.
Great contest - only 24 hours and you can work anybody for points - just like
field day all over again. Had to quit 2 hours B-4 contest was over to deliver a
fishing tackle box to my grandson for his 7th birthday.  Thanks to all for a
great time.