[3830] CQ WW RTTY K1IMI(N4CW) SOAB QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n4cw@aol.com
Subject: [3830] CQ WW RTTY K1IMI(N4CW) SOAB QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2014 22:46:21 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: K1IMI
Operator(s): N4CW
Station: K1IMI

Class: SOAB QRP
QTH: Maine (ME)
Operating Time (hrs): 25:12

   80:   22      13        3     3
   40:   72      22       24    11
   20:  113      23       41    14
   15:  212      27       55    15
   10:  131       9       47    16
------------------------------------
Total:  550      94      170    59  Total Score = 425,391

Club:

Comments:

QRP operation is a very humbling experience! I probably made 5 contacts in
"run" mode...I just couldn't attract enough stations to make it
worthwhile. I also had to pass up some really great DX, including a whole bunch
of BY's that just couldn't hear me. I used the KX3 (with add-on heatsink)
barefoot with a SignaLink USB to generate my signal. The antennas used were an
Acom 8-element log-periodic at 60 feet, and a low 80M OCF (55 feet up at one
end, about 25 feet at the other).
Thanks to all the fine operators out there, and to the sponsors of this fun
(and grueling) event. 73