[3830] RTTY Roundup VA7ST Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] RTTY Roundup VA7ST Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2015 05:49:21 +0000
                    ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: VA7ST
Operator(s): VA7ST
Station: VA7ST

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: BC
Operating Time (hrs): 22.5

------------
   80:  112
   40:  146
   20:  201
   15:  244
   10:  136
------------
Total:  839  State/Prov = 54  Countries = 18  Total Score = 60,408

Club: Orca DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Low power, unassisted, and mostly one radio. The 40-year-old Hygain vertical
just doesn't work for a second-radio all-band antenna, at least in the
fence-mounted, elevated radial (skimpy) configuration it has now.

Discovered that that 40M 2-element quad tunes just fine on 20/15/10 with the
rig's internal tuner in line, and once I switched to the big wire quad I began
making the occasional second-radio contact. No idea where the RF was aimed, but
at least it heard quite well and a few heard me.

Lost the last 1.5 hours to a work emergency (major snowstorm arrived on
Sunday). With virtually no EU (other than some very welcome OH stations on 20M)
the country mults were in the low teens and I knew there was no hope of beating
my 2013 personal best. I had been on pace QSO-wise until arriving on the high
bands Sunday morning. Things went very poorly and I couldn't get any rate on
any band all day.

So much for solar maximum fun. The slide to minimum is on the way, and I don't
know how much I'll miss 10M after so few highlights in this cycle. I do know
136 contacts on 10M will seem like a dream just a couple of years from now. So
I guess we're livin' the dream!

See many in NAQP CW coming up.

Thanks for the contacts this weekend.

-- Bud VA7ST