[3830] CWopsT WB5EIN LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CWopsT WB5EIN LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2015 14:07:49 +0000
                    CWops Mini-CWT Test - 1300Z Jan 7

Call: WB5EIN
Operator(s): WB5EIN
Station: WB5EIN

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Tupelo, MS
Operating Time (hrs): 1

  160:
   80:  11     11
   40:  29     22
   20:   1      1
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  41     34  Total Score = 1,394

Club: Deep Dixie CC

Comments:

Hmmm.  Band condx weren't the best this morning from this QTH.  Nonetheless, it
was great to get 41 Qs in my log from this little peanut whistle station!
Thanks to all who came back to my call or answered my few CQs.

Found only 1 Q on 20m, so came back to 40.  Settled at the top of the band
portion and called CQ.  While I didn't get many CWOps members there, the real
reward was getting calls from non-members.  So, I got to do a little bit of
evangelizing for CWT.

Here's what I think I'm going to do.  Y'all tell me if it's a bad idea.
I plan to go back and email each of the non-members I worked, send them info on
CWOps and CWT, and invite them to come again.  Then, maybe we can get a few more
members this way.  I know I surely would have appreciated that when I was first
interested in CWOps.  What a great feeling it was when my mentor, John Laney,
K4BAI, reached out to me and asked me if I would consider CWOps.  Man, I was
IN, particularly if this is something in which Judge John is involved.

And, I've never looked back.

So, now I'm looking forward to the 1900z run.  And, I hope to dig out some more
of my CWT friends when the sun blasts that ionosphere for us later today!

73 all,

--Dr. Larry S. Anderson, WB5EIN #1327
Tupelo, MS (birthplace of Elvis)