[3830] ARRLDX CW K0EU SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, rkmassoc@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW K0EU SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2015 21:25:21 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: K0EU
Operator(s): K0EU
Station: K0EU

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: CO
Operating Time (hrs): 44
Radios: SO2R

  160:   28    23
   80:   97    51
   40:  776   104
   20:  694   118
   15: 1100   119
   10:  551   526
-------------------
Total: 3246   526  Total Score = 5,120,610

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Comments:

This was my first serious effort in ARRL CW DX since I first moved into this QTH
back in 1995. I have a certificate saying I won the zero district for high
powered single op assisted that year. No idea what the score was.

Twenty years later, the current work situation, XYL approval, etc provided the
opportunity to put in a full effort once again. N2IC holds the single op
unassisted record from here (along with many other zero-land records) at 4.9
million points. KU1CW has the unassisted record at 2.9 million. I figured the
best chance to become a record holder was to go assisted.

Bands were all in great shape. 80 and 160 were good, especially night two. I
still suffer from higher noise level here in the city, but feel pretty good
about 1/2 DXCC on 80M. Being spoon fed all needed mults and unworked station
callsigns made it much easier to operate, although a different skill set is
needed. Will have to work on that more if I do another assisted entry. I'm sure
there are some features in N1MM+ relating to the band maps that I need to bone
up on.

Some great ops on the DX end, making it easy to snag mults in between run
QSO's. ZF1A, V26M, P40L, PJ2T, to name a few.

73
Randy K0EU