[3830] CQ160 SSB YR8E(@YO8RNI) Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, pituionut@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 SSB YR8E(@YO8RNI) Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 04 Mar 2015 04:42:25 +0000
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB

Call: YR8E
Operator(s): YO8RFS YO8RNP YO8RNI YO8RHM
Station: YO8RNI

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: kn37is
Operating Time (hrs): 27,5

Total:  QSOs = 710  State/Prov = 3  Countries = 58  Total Score = 223,748

Club:

Comments:

Well, this contest was quite an effort, both physically and logistical, the
location is different from our normal qth and we had to put all the Rx antenna
and carry and set-up  all the equipment  friday.About 1,5km of wire and almost
1 km of coaxial, hi!We had to solve some unexpected problems, like restoring
our power after a mouse entered in the distribution panel and get everything
fried, including himself, changing one of the monitors in the last minute
before starting the contest, some minors but painfull compatibility issues,
etc. For the first time we tried to work with two radios each with their
computer, it was very nice, we know the way to go now, hi!Also we had more
beverage this time,5 of them and we've had a "learning curve" in
using them,but it could be tricky and I'm sure I 've missed some stations that
were not in the directions I was listening.
Band was quite crowded, although less stations than in the past years.Some
signals were way too wide, but you get used to it.Some just pop up on your frqv
like you have never been there, etc.Wkd a few qrp stations and could hear them
right awawy, nice.
First night was not very good, almost no prop to USA/VE so only 5 W stations in
the log , but we hoped it will be better saturday morning, just like in the cw
contest.Unfortunately it was worse, just one more W stations and no VE!We are a
little disapointed from this point of view, a week before we worked in the ARRL
DX 51 stations and 16 state in a few hours, but that's it.Instead I worked
other interesting stations like TO66R,NP4A or HK1T.It was nice to be called by
a lot of stations that I was chasing myself in the past years,like 4M5L,KP4KE,
EK6SI,7S1ZJ, 9K2GS, 5B4AIF or CR3L, among others.We managed to work 58 dxcc, 6
more than in cw.Two hours before the end we had 670 qso's in the log and we
didn't expect to rich our goal, 700 qso's, and the rate was very sloooow, but
in the last hour we even made 10 more qso's after 700, the last one being made
the last minute of the contest!

Equipment used:

K3 and FT 1000MP interlocked with Acom 2S1
Acom 2000A amplifier
27m Vertical with 60 radials
300m bev NNV
2X200m end-fire array beverage NV