[3830] ARRLDX SSB AL9A SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, al9a@mtaonline.net
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB AL9A SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2015 03:08:10 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: AL9A
Operator(s): AL9A
Station: AL9A

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: Wasilla, AK
Operating Time (hrs): 10:49

  160:
   80:
   40:  179    30
   20:  585    54
   15:  241    46
   10:
-------------------
Total: 1005   130  Total Score = 391,950

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

This one started out great, ended badly. Friday night was awesome - really
looked forward to beating last year's score to set another new personal best
for me in this one.  Then the sun blew up!

Sat. and Sun. were just awful. Range seemed to be from marginal to absolutely
dead. Repeated CQ's of 5 to 10 minutes duration resulted in one or two QSOs.
Was hardly ever spotted, which brings up a new topic

Since the advent of CW and RTTY skimmers it seems SSB ops have forgotten how to
turn the VFO knob and listen or how to create spots themselves. The few times I
was spotted the pace picked up for a few minutes then petered away to nothing
again. I think we need someone to invent a SSB skimmer so that the band map
surfers who can't turn their VFOs will be able to find me once in a while!