[3830] ARRLDX SSB WX3B M/M HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB WX3B M/M HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2015 03:14:47 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: WX3B
Operator(s): WX3B KC3BWA WA3AER N8IVN
Station: WX3B

Class: M/M HP
QTH: MD
Operating Time (hrs): 17

  160:    9     8
   80:  134    55
   40:  156    52
   20:  444    87
   15:  982   101
   10:  378    84
-------------------
Total: 2103   387  Total Score = 2,418,363

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

A big thank you to Dennis N8IVN for hosting my station Saturday in my absence.
It was good to see Ted WA3AER having fun as I departed for my Mini-Honeymoon to
Colorado Saturday morning after 10:00am.  I also left Evan Uebel KC3BWA in the
chair as he had his FIRST TASTE of a HUGE run on 21.205.  Evan manned the post
and stayed in the chair from just after 9:00am(?) until mid afternoon and
managed to take my 500 QSOs up to almost 1,000 and the country count over 100!
DARN good job for the FIRST time in a contest run if you ask me....and yes, he
NEVER lost his run frequency.

Dennis managed to work the bands out and from the score it looks like he had
some fun on 20 & 40 meters.  Ted said 10 meters was met with challenges
running but he pounced his way around the band and I see the multiplier total
looked good for his effort.  Ted also reported enjoying the early 40 meter
opening to EU.  Jay Uebel, Evan's Dad is JUST LICENSED and having as much fun
as his son is...

This was a great dry run and warm up for the big event at WX3B:  CQ WPX SSB in
two weekends from now.  I am pleased to report that all hardware worked GREAT
and I personally have a new love for 15 meters.  Got on that band at 6:30 (too
late I might add) and rode it for all it was worth for a few hours. GREAT
rates, and NICE run frequency.  Thanks to the WE3C 15 meter operator for
helping us kep that frequency clear!

73,

Jim   WX3B