[3830] ARRLDX SSB KT4ZB SO Unlimited LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kt4zb@aol.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB KT4ZB SO Unlimited LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2015 15:58:18 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: KT4ZB
Operator(s): KT4ZB
Station: KT4ZB

Class: SO Unlimited LP
QTH: Savannah
Operating Time (hrs): 31

  160:    7     5
   80:    0     0
   40:  128    60
   20:  336    88
   15:  343    91
   10:  445    95
-------------------
Total: 1259   339  Total Score = 1,280,403

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

This one is all about having fun. With the 160m feed point about 5 feet off the
ground, nothing available for 80m and the 40m dipole at 30 feet above the
ground at best, it was time to just have fun and pass out points. The Friday
night JA opening was really good. The JA's on 15m were about as loud as I've
ever heard here in southeast Georgia. Saturday was completely different.
Conditions overall seemed to be good to very good but not as good as last year.
So, I had a great time and spent more time on the air than I anticipated.

The DX was pretty good although the number of mults on each band were down from
the previous year. Still, managed to work South Cooks, Saudi Arabia, Kenya,
Reunion (3 bands), Turkey, E Kiribati, Palau, Guam, Qatar, Egypt, Kazakhstan
and finding Guernsey on 10m was nice.  Never got Alaska on 10 m so you know the
sun was in a foul mood up that way. 40m was a pleasant surprise considering my
antenna.

Anyway, a great radio weekend, my thanks to the contest committee and all those
who contacted me.  Looking forward to WPX with some new antennas.

cu on the bands - Jere

Yaesu 1000MP Field, TH6-DXX, Dipoles, N1MM+