[3830] ARRL June VHF WA7BBJ Unlimited Rover LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wa7bbj@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL June VHF WA7BBJ Unlimited Rover LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2015 00:10:55 +0000

  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  206    60  Total Score = 17,340

Club: Pacific Northwest VHF Society

Comments:

The summer fun run, also known as the ARRL VHF Contest was a summer blast.
The XYL (Robin WA7YOQ) and I headed off to CN88, Port Angles, WA  for the start
of the contest.
>From there we went to CN87, DEER Park about 5000' feet then off to CN78 Kloshe
Nanitch fire lookout. Then off to
CN77, CN76 Ocean Shores, WA to hand out some contacts from 2 Rare Grids and
once again 6 meter was open.
Sunday morning we continued to operate from CN77 and CN76 and 6 meters was open
again. Around 12PM noon
we headed off for home activating CN86, 87, 88, 98 and CN97. In the end I
worked more stations this year
than any time before due to the 6 Meter opening on both days. I ran 6, 2, 432
and 1296 SSB/CW and 222,
446, 927, 1294 FM. The only trouble we had on this trip was forgetting to pack
the CW Key. Luckily Radio
Shack was open so I bought a couple of cords to match the Radio's CW Key input.
Saddly RadioShack no
longer carries any hand keys so I ended up stripping back the wires and used my
fingers to hold the wires
and tapping them together making a real Hand Key HI HI. 73 all until next
summer and good DXing.