[3830] 144FallSprnt K3CCR(N3UM) Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, benn3um@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] 144FallSprnt K3CCR(N3UM) Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2015 15:37:42 +0000
                    144 MHz Fall Sprint

Call: K3CCR
Operator(s): N3UM
Station: K3CCR

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: FM18
Operating Time (hrs): 2.3

Total:  QSOs = 20  Mults = 8  Tot Dist(km) = 3300  Total Score = 160

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

K3CCR is the club station at the Collington continuing-care retirement
community at FM18OW in MD just east of the DC beltway.  We've had VHF
gear and an AB577 crank-up mast in storage for a year while we built up
the HF station (see our QRZ page) and waited out such things as hip
replacement surgery.  We got the mast up halfway late Sat. of ARRL VHF,
and made 24 QSOs on 3 bands despite low activity and poor propagation.
We cranked the mast to to full 50 ft. height Sat. before the 2 m. Sprint,
and were eager to see how well the 9-el. 2 m. beam worked.  Answer: very well.

Of 20 QSOs, 3 were in FN31 and FN22 at about 250 st. miles.  Activity level
was good for a Sprint, and propagation was pretty good also.  It was a
pleasure to work 8 "old VHF buddies" familiar from past VHF tests at
the
old QTH of N3UM about 20 miles west.  We plan to be on for the 432 Sprint.