[3830] CWopsT WB5EIN LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CWopsT WB5EIN LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2015 14:12:46 +0000
                    CWops Mini-CWT Test - 1300Z Oct 21

Call: WB5EIN
Operator(s): WB5EIN
Station: WB5EIN

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Tupelo, MS
Operating Time (hrs): 1

  160:
   80:
   40:  54     54
   20:  27     12
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  81     66  Total Score = 5,346

Club: Deep Dixie CC

Comments:

Well, that was fun!  My best score in a long time, but I realize that it's
thanks to y'all for answering my CQs or my calls on your run frequencies.

It was great to work so many non-members.  Hopefully, they will join our ranks
before long and the quantity of non-members will shrink
dramatically--until/unless we continue to recruit.

I did learn a good lesson this morning, though.  I started out immediately on
40m with a good pileup calling me.  I worked through that pileup on that
crowded band.  Then, before I knew it, I found myself sitting right between two
super stations who were calling CQ CWT.  I really knew that I had no chance at
all of holding my frequency, because the two stations were....wait for
it....wait for it....WJ9B (and Will was knocking them off left and right, as
usual), then in just a little while, here comes our good friend and mentor,
Hank, W6SX.  I was sandwiched!  If you were trying to call me and I didn't
respond, it's because these two stations' signals were awesome and I was trying
to tune my ear to listen between them for your calls.  I know I missed a bunch
of you.  I promise...I wasn't trying to ignore you.  It's just that I was
fighting a losing battle.  I have all the admiration in the world for Will and
Hank...and I know they would never deliberately QRM one of us or try to sneak
up to our freq and take over.  I should have moved up the band, because I
missed several Qs.

OK, then it was time to flip over to 20.  I didn't have time to get up to 15,
but I would have loved to have heard more Europeans.  Just funny condx where I
sat, I'm quite sure.

Thanks, guys, for loads of fun this morning.  I hope to hear each of you later
today.

73,
--Dr. Larry S. Anderson, WB5EIN  #1327
Tupelo, MS (birthplace of King Elvis)