[3830] SS CW K3TN(@W4AAW) SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] SS CW K3TN(@W4AAW) SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 09 Nov 2015 11:00:18 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: K3TN
Operator(s): K3TN
Station: W4AAW

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: VA
Operating Time (hrs): 8
Remote Operation

------------
  160:
   80:  160
   40:  210
   20:  129
   15:   42
   10:    1
------------

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

This was stage 1 of a "Somewhat Highly Motivated Operation" - I
operated from the start until midnight as K3TN, remotely operating the growing
W4AAW superstation that has replaced the now QRT K4VV station. On Sunday, I
operated from my home station using my club call KK3TN for a few hours, to gain
more points for PVRC while other ops would use W4AAW capabilities.

The CME that was predicted to hit on Saturday actually hit on Friday, so I
wasn't sure what to expect. Ten meters definitely seemed out of the equation
but I ran across a local friend while checking before the start, so made my
first QSO there and then did the S&P thing before settling in to run on
20.

There were some networking issues that made remote operation a bit hinky at the
start but Mike W4AAW did his magic and then all was well. 20 was very short at
the start - New England and 8/9 land booming in, but SE and SW/W were down. I
probably waited too long to go to 40, but always hard for me to abandon 20 when
I get to use a yagi vs. a wire.

40 and 80 were in great condition, very low noise, though 40 was a bit long -
4-landers were pretty weak. I think 20 stayed open longer than expected, so the
6-landers were slower to get on 80.

I missed UT somehow, and NT - I ran across VY1AAA but very weak at the time and
didn't spend the time.