[3830] RTTY Roundup W4PK SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w4pk@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] RTTY Roundup W4PK SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 04 Jan 2016 00:34:27 +0000
                    ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: W4PK
Operator(s): W4PK
Station: W4PK

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: VA
Operating Time (hrs): 20
Radios: SO2R

------------
   80:  278
   40:  498
   20:  345
   15:  342
   10:  133
------------
Total: 1596  State/Prov = 56  Countries = 63  Total Score = 189,924

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Started off slow but rates picked up Saturday evening and by midnight I had
nearly 1000 Q's in the log!

Sunday was a different story as I struggled to get another 600 Q's into the
log.  Plus on Sunday my S/W contest program started locking up.  After it did
this three times I reverted back to an earlier version but that did not help.
It took me over an hour to revert back to that earlier version, and this was
during prime time for Europe! I think it might be related to my AVG virus scan
but I thought I had left it set to scan only once a day at around 3 AM.  Sunday
afternoon I did take a few minutes off to check the settings and to just make
sure I completely disabled that virus scan.

At least I did manage to do better than last year!  I apologize to all who I
had left hanging when I had a software lockup.  It happened four times, and
each time it left one radio keyed up.

73, Sam W4PK