[3830] NA Sprint CW K7GK(@W6JZH) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint CW K7GK(@W6JZH) HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 07 Feb 2016 07:08:41 +0000
                    NA Sprint CW Contest - February

Call: K7GK
Operator(s): K7GK
Station: W6JZH

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 4

   80:   78    1:00
   40:  119    1:40
   20:  108    1:20
---------------------

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Team: Northern California Contest Club #2

Comments:

A personal best and the first time over 300 - a testimony to good conditions.
With a few days to go this seemed very unlikely. John has been battling power
line noise issues. When I visited a week ago S-meter was was pegged at S9 on 40
and 80, while 20 was barely usable. Luckily, noise went away mid-day on
Saturday. The first half of the contest was going roughly as usual, except 20
closed a bit earlier. Then things started to slow down and with 45 minutes to
go and only 251 Qs in the bag 300 total seemed unattainable yet again. But on
80 for some reason things never slowed down as they usually do and the last
push put me over 300. To boot, I seemed to have been lucky with mults, bagging
48, also a personal best.

The operation is dedicated to memory of Bill, N7OU.

Hours: 87/77/70/71