[3830] WPX CW WN4AFP SOSB40(TS) LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, dave@pkministrywebs.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW WN4AFP SOSB40(TS) LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 30 May 2016 03:25:20 +0000
CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: WN4AFP
Operator(s): WN4AFP
Station: WN4AFP

Class: SOSB40(TS) LP
QTH: SC
Operating Time (hrs): 18

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------

Club: Swamp Fox Contest Group

Comments:

Another CQWPXCW adventure in the books... I had two goals for this year's
WPXCW..First goal was to pass the extra class test to have access to more CW -
accomplished that one. Second goal was to make 600 Qs - didn't make that one.
After my first night on 40m, i had 290 Qs, so I was on my way to reaching my
goal. The second night didn't go as planned. I crashed at 0430z with plans of a
few hours of sleep and then back at it around 1000z. I missed the rest of the
40m and my next contact was at 1630z. These went my 1M points goal. Since I had
plenty of time, I ran on 40m during the day. My CQ started to sound like a 40m
beacon. My Q rate was 3 or 4 per hour. NR4M, VE3EJ and K9UIY were always CQing
in the wind with me. Took at break and came back at 2100z and finally there
were stations on 40m. My scores have improved since my first WPX in 2013 and I
look forward reaching my second goal of 600 Qs next year. 73s Dave WN4AFP