[3830] IARU N2IC SOABCW HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] IARU N2IC SOABCW HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2016 17:10:46 +0000
IARU HF World Championship

Call: N2IC
Operator(s): N2IC
Station: N2IC

Class: SOABCW HP
QTH: New Mexico
Operating Time (hrs): 23
Radios: SO2R

  160:    28            6       2
   80:   158           17       7
   40:   702           31      28
   20:   939           38      38
   15:   290           18      24
   10:     0            0       0
-------------------------------------
Total:  2117    0     110      99  Total Score = 1,423,499

Club:

Comments:

After missing WPX CW, ARRL VHF and Field Day due to fire communications work
commitments, it was great to be back in the seat. It was also the first time
doing IARU, single-op, since 2011, after WRTC, WRTC practice sessions, W1AW/5,
etc. Despite so-so conditions, now I remember why I enjoy this contest so
much.

First time I have ever been completely shut-out on 10 meters. Nothing there.
Not a peep. 20 meters improved with time. Not much over-the-pole at the usual
03Z slot, but much better around 05Z-06Z, just before it shut down. For
summertime conditions, 80 was outstanding to JA. Even worked JA on 160.  Too
bad the thunderstorm QRN is so horrific earlier in the evening - Maybe there
was EU on 80 underneath the din ? 40 was very good, but, like 80, QRN limited
during the EU opening. At least there were no local thunderstorms to worry
about this year.

Thanks for the QSO's ! Looking forward to next July !

73,
Steve, N2IC