[3830] CWopsT WB5EIN LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CWopsT WB5EIN LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2016 20:11:22 +0000
CWops Mini-CWT Test - 1900Z Aug 10

Call: WB5EIN
Operator(s): WB5EIN
Station: WB5EIN

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Tupelo, MS
Operating Time (hrs): :19

  160:
   80:
   40:   8      5
   20:  32     32
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  40     37  Total Score = 1,480

Club: Deep Dixie CC

Comments:

Piddling again, but still having fun.

Had two business phone calls during CWT, but since those pay more than CWT, I
took them.  Ha!  What would you have done?

Several times, I just stopped on a freq and listening to some of y'all handle
your runs.  Wish I had recorded them.  Even ole neighbor rival, AB5OR, was the
attention of my ears for several minutes as he handled quite a good run on 20.
Now, please....don't y'all tell Joe I said this (and I'm whispering when I write
this), but that boy is really slick at pulling out signals and returning the
callsigns quickly so y'all can get on to other Qs.  I've been contemplating
going over to his QTH while he's away and 'adjusting' his antenna resonance by
inserting a straight pin right through the middle of his coax.  Think that
would help my score any?  Shucks, I have to do whatever is necessary to get
within binocular distance of his performance. :-)

I am especially proud of Scott, K9MA, for doing such a great job on his QRP
bicycle mobile!  Twice at 1300z, then again at 1900z, his signal here sounded
like he had biked underneath a stacked array.  Great job, Scott.  Keep it up,
fella.

Thanks, too, to all the non-members who gave me a Q, especially my Deep Dixie
CC teammate, Gary Van Winkle, K5KU--the speed demon of Louisiana.  Great job!

Hats off to Mr. Scotty, W7SW, for keeping us abreast of happenings in Rio
during 2016.  What a riot he is!

I would write more, but I know that nobody is reading this.  :-)

73,
--Dr. Larry S. Anderson, WB5EIN  #1327
Tupelo, MS  (birthplace of Elvis)
Rig: Ten-Tec Orion 565AT  ~100w into 400 foot horizontal loop up 40 feet