[3830] ARRL Sep VHF K3TUF Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL Sep VHF K3TUF Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2016 13:33:44 +0000
ARRL September VHF Contest

Call: K3TUF
Operator(s): K3TUF
Station: K3TUF

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: FN10we
Operating Time (hrs): 18

    6:   95    29
    2:   96    33
  222:   59    23
  432:   82    27
  903:   30    14
  1.2:   36    15
  2.3:   21     9
  3.4:   15     6
  5.7:    8     6
  10G:    8     6
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  450   168  Total Score = 147,672

Club: MT Airy VHF Radio Club

Comments:

First major contest with the new station since the flood; had a great time
working out the kinks in how to operate. Still a number of changes needed and a
few things missing, like FM.
I enjoyed going late into the night working with meteors; the new assistance
rules sure make for great opportunities there.
Missed all ten bands in a nearby grid (FM29) and nearly missed all ten in my
own grid. In spite of the great activity of fixed stations and rovers the
decline in those going out is noticeable.
Also had to take time out to watch the new Eagles team performance with all of
their rookies. Speaking of rookies, one of the finest delights is working a
rookie on the air and encouraging them to success. It is all we have in this
apparently declining world we have.
Next September I will have everything working and plan a full effort again for
this event.
With the change of weather that passed through we expected to see some
enhancement, but it never made it to my location. Bands all seemed flat.
Looking forward to January now. And see you on the sprints.
Phil K3TUF