[3830] ARRL 10 N1CC SO Mixed Unlimited QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jimlaporta@jlaporta.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 N1CC SO Mixed Unlimited QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2016 00:00:28 +0000
ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: N1CC
Operator(s): N1CC
Station: N1CC

Class: SO Mixed Unlimited QRP
QTH: North Texas
Operating Time (hrs): 8

   CW:  128    41
  SSB:   50    20
-------------------
Total:  178    61  Total Score = 37,332

Club: North Texas Contest Club

Comments:

K3/100 @5 Watts to Force 12 C3 at 64 feet.  WriteLog.

Talk about frustration!  So very wild and unpredictable conditions as we fall
down the slope of this Solar Cycle.  About 2/3 contacts and Multipliers as last
year - and the score is also about 2/3 of last year.  (Same entry class each
year).

Friday night was fair, Saturday morning iffy and Es, perhaps Meteor Scatter,
Sunday not much of anything.  No EU or AF.  No JA and very few SA stations.
Abut normal Pacific regulars with fair signals.

Could not hear most of the USA.  Could only work SOME of the guys I could hear.
 Now, we all know 5W is not much power, so the guys I was hearing on BS probably
running full 1.5KW to stacks... not hearing me most of the time.

Looking at the early reports, much lower participation from QRP overall and not
of a lot of folks having good winning scores.  How much longer before the band
comes back?  I don't think the forecasters have any real clue yet!