[3830] ARRL 10 W2UP(@W0DLE) SO CW LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w2up@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 W2UP(@W0DLE) SO CW LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2016 00:14:00 +0000
ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: W2UP
Operator(s): W2UP
Station: W0DLE

Class: SO CW LP
QTH: CO
Operating Time (hrs): 7
Remote Operation

   CW:  283    64
  SSB:
-------------------
Total:  283    64  Total Score = 72,448

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Comments:

There are pros and cons to operating from the world's quietest QTH (nearest
power line 10 miles away):
Pro - I hear everyone
Con - The weak ones don't hear me

Only DX heard, besides Caribb/SA, were 9J2BO, running around calling people
(never caught up with him), and a TZ5 who called me.

Lot of rolling, spotlight Es openings.  Interesting how focused they can be.
Despite entering assisted, the Cluster was fairly useless.  I set up a filter
to include neighboring states (KS, NM, UT, and AZ).  Unfortunately, states in
the west are very big (easily reminded by driving across one), and most spots
came from K3PA in KS City, which is 600 miles from Denver, despite being
"adjacent."  Most of what he captured with good signals, I couldn't
hear.  If I was back in PA, 600 miles would be the OH/IN border to the west, or
SC to the south.

Every time I was ready to quit in the last hour and said to myself,"this
is the last CQ," another XE2 called me for a mult.  Worked 6 mults in the
last hour!  And, as always, thanks to W0DLE for the use of his (very quiet)
station.