[3830] CWopsT K9ZO HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CWopsT K9ZO HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2017 14:14:31 +0000
CWops Mini-CWT Test - 1300Z Aug 16

Call: K9ZO
Operator(s): K9ZO
Station: K9ZO

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: il
Operating Time (hrs): 1

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:  103
   20:   37
   15:
   10:
------------
Total:  140  Mults = 125  Total Score = 17,500

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

First 1300Z CWT with new antenna.
Started on 40.
(2 el at 84 feet pointed east)
Here is what I noticed: Multiple stations always answered my CQs.  I felt loud.
20 QSOs in the first 6 minutes - an unusual and good start.  Even weak stations
called in and were easy to copy.  When multiple stations called, those who were
not zero beat got through first.  48 QSOs in the first 15 minutes.  It was 1325Z
when the first breather came and I had to call CQ multiple times;  78 QSOs by
then.  90 QSOs at 1332Z.  Did not hear the 3 locals who normally get on.

BAND CHANGE TOOK 5 CRITICAL MINUTES.  This is not automated - amp always has to
be tweaked and tuner from rig to amp tweaked, SteppIR takes forever to go from
40 to 20, band change on radio.  Rate picked up after a bit, though. Most
surprising, yet expected, was the lack of USA stations calling in.  However, 14
DX guys called in for mults, but I never worked most of them before on the low
inverted vee, so it took a bit to recognize the calls.  I obviously need a low
yagi on 20 for this contest(and SS).  My best score so far due to mults, but
the QSO total was one less than my best.