[3830] SEQP K7Y(KD6WKY) SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] SEQP K7Y(KD6WKY) SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2017 20:36:51 +0000
Solar Eclipse QSO Party

Call: K7Y
Operator(s): KD6WKY
Station: K7Y

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Madras, OR
Operating Time (hrs): 2

  160:
   80:
   40:    2             0       2
   20:   14     11      0      34
   15:
   10:
    6:
-----------------------------------
Total:   32     11      0      36  Total Score = 339

Club: Mother Lode DX/Contest Club

Comments:

Arrived in Madras, OR 2330 local Saturday night and found a one star motel room
for $100 per night.  No traffic to speak of driving into town.  I was prepared
to sleep in my car for a few days, but got lucky with the motel room at the
Relax Inn.  It was the last available room for the weekend.  Worked SEQP from
the Madras City Hall parking lot with no problem.  Parking lot only about 50%
full; plenty of room for a portable HF station.  Worked K7Y before, and after,
but turned off the generator just before and for awhile after the total solar
eclipse so I could absorb the experience.  Madras, OR is a town of 6,000 but
had 100,000 visitors for the eclipse.  Traffic out of town after the event was
complete grid lock going north the Seattle and south to California.  I didn't
leave Madras, OR until 5pm on the advice of Police Chief Tanner Stanfill.  The
trek home still took 23 hours to drive 480 miles from Madras, OR to Vacaville,
CA.  The total solar eclipse was breathtakingly wonderful.  I'd do this again
without hesitation.  73!