[3830] CWopsT NO5W(@NO5W/M) LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CWopsT NO5W(@NO5W/M) LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2017 14:46:01 +0000
CWops Mini-CWT Test - 1300Z Sep 6

Call: NO5W
Operator(s): NO5W
Station: NO5W/M

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: LA
Operating Time (hrs): 1

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:   6
   20:  45
   15:
   10:
------------
Total:  51  Mults = 51  Total Score = 2,601

Club: LA Contest Club

Comments:

K3/100, HI-Q 4/80, CQ/X 1.8.0.14

Today I decided it was time to check out the mobile in preparation for a run in
the Texas QSO Party coming up in a few weeks (September 23-24). So I mounted
everything in/on the mobile and, since I was running late, decided to operate
from the zoo parking lot which is only a few blocks from the house.

Conditions on 40m were just awful with a lot of QRN so I spent very little time
there and moved to 20m early which was not great but much better than 40m and it
appeared that others had done the same since activity was good.

Lost a little time when a CBer pulled up beside my parking space and wanted to
talk antennas -- his curiosity had been peaked when he saw a vehicle with
ignition running, no driver, and a guy in the back seat operating a laptop and
using a pretty sizeable antenna. After about five minutes he went on his way
and I was able to return to 20m. Wound up with about half of the Qs that I
normally get when operating with real antennas at W5GAD. It will be interesting
to review the RBN from this operation.

Thanks for the Qs and hope to be back on during the 1900z session, probably
again from the mobile.

Good luck to all those in the path of Irma, be safe.

73/Chuck/NO5W