[3830] TBDC K2AV Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k2av.guy@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] TBDC K2AV Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2017 19:40:39 +0000
Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: K2AV
Operator(s): K2AV
Station: K2AV

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: NC
Operating Time (hrs): 3.5

Total:  QSOs = 232  Total Score = 826

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Started weeks run-up to contest with torn muscle in lower right side. (Long
story) That first messed up getting new SAL-30 up for TBDC. Then it made sitting
for any period at operating position literally painful. But did get on for some
few scattered hours, and never faced saturation. Very high run rates.

Very interesting was 45/hr run after sun was up 8 to 9 AM local Sunday. Watched
stations on P3 mostly fade out just a little after 8, but come back in waves
including a hard opening out to west coast I looked up later on RBN.

I am sure SAL-30 would have made copiable several dozen too weak to copy calls.
Apologies to those I couldn't dig out. I think the March Stew is going to be
very interesting this year.

Rig: K3 + Alpha 8410
Antenna: Inverted L over FCP

73 & HNY all, Guy