[3830] NAQP CW K7XC Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k7xcnv1@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW K7XC Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2018 07:00:22 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, CW - January

Call: K7XC
Operator(s): K7XC
Station: K7XC

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: DM09jh - N. NV
Operating Time (hrs): 6

  160:   44    19
   80:  170    40
   40:  238    50
   20:   72    27
   15:    0     0
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  524   136  Total Score = 71,264

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Team: NCCC Team #2

Comments:

What a fun event! For once the bands cooperated with great signals
and minimal noise! I got off to a slow start as I was up to 5AM
chasing new grids and new DX on 40/80/160M FT8! When I remembered
this contest began in only a few hours I stopped and dove into
bed, only to miss the start of the event by an hour or so.
I jumped right in for about and hour but was so groggy had to stop
and watch a bit of the NFL Playoffs while nibbling breakfast to
recharge for the rest of the day. Did the same thing during the
3rd quarter of the TX vs NE game before coming back to finish off
the contest. Very happy how the station played and anytime I
called CQ a pile up ensued almost immediately! reminded me of
being A35WZ in 1986 for the ARRL DX Contests, Quite a ride!
Thanks to all who called to work me, several made it on 3 and 4
bands! Only regret was missing the 15M window by staying up the
night before and sleeping in this morning. Thanks to all who
called me and had patience with my somewhat befuddled state at
times. Alot of QSB but hopefully 40M will be better once I finish
building a 40M Rotatable dipole and install it above the 20M
Monobander at 50' or so. Station here is a very old IC-746, 3ele
20M Monobander at 43', 40/80M Fan Inverted Vee at 38', & a 160M
Inverted "L" up 30'. The station in the NV high desert plays real
well in domestic contests with a very flat Easterly horizon & a
close ridge to the West that acts as a huge passive reflector.
The main motivation was do as best I could for the club who made
a push for this event. KB NCCC! Off to settle in with a good
movie and comfort food!!