[3830] MnQP N0R(NR0T) Mobile Single Xmtr LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, nr0t@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] MnQP N0R(NR0T) Mobile Single Xmtr LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 06 Feb 2018 02:02:56 +0000
                    Minnesota QSO Party

Call: N0R
Operator(s): NR0T
Station: N0R

Class: Mobile Single Xmtr LP
QTH: various
Operating Time (hrs): 9

  160:
   80:       5
   40:     467
   20:      61       1
   15:
   10:
-------------------------
Total:     526       1  Mults = 49  Total Score = 51,548

Club: Minnesota Wireless Assn

Comments:

Callsign:  N0R
Op: NR0T, Rolf
Driver W0/OA4ABC, Taty

Worked mobile from 17 counties in Minnesota.
The following worked us more than 10 times:

N2CU   (NY) - 16
NW0M   (MO) - 14
WX4MT  (TN) - 14
k0AP   (KS) - 13
N8II   (WV) - 13
K1RO   (NH) - 12
WA3HAE (PA) - 12
W5TM   (OK) - 11

And for DX, OM2VL worked me 7 times on 20 and 40, and G3WGN once on 20.
My only SSB QSO was with N0H (N0HJZ) when we were both in Pipestone (PIP)
county.

I could never get sustained runs on 20, hence the low number of QSOs.
We took an hour off in the mid-afternoon (in Watanwan county) plus a couple of
short bathroom/gas breaks before that.
The average rate over the almost 9 hours of operation was 1 QSO per minute.

Taty did 100% of the driving this year.  We decided to modify our route for the
last two hours to stay on major roads because the visibility was quite poor for
a while.  We didn't know how bad it might get and decided the minor roads we had
selected for the end of the route probably weren't a good idea given the
conditions.

With the revised route, we operated from 17 counties.  We took Hwy 169 from
Mankato to the Twin Cities (the "not planned" part of the route) and
that touches on Le Seuer (5 minutes) and Sibley (3 minutes).  Since that wasn't
on the original plan, you can see the QSOs from those counties are only 8 and 6.
If we were to do this route another year I would stop in those counties for 10
or 15 minutes.

We started the contest in Albert Lea (FRE) and spent the last few minutes of the
contest in Dakota county.

Here are QSOs by county:
Blue Earth - 33
Cottonwood - 44