[3830] RTTY WPX IZ3NVR SOAB TB-Wires LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, menon.ste@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] RTTY WPX IZ3NVR SOAB TB-Wires LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2018 09:37:52 +0000
                    CQ WPX RTTY Contest

Call: IZ3NVR
Operator(s): IZ3NVR
Station: IZ3NVR

Class: SOAB LP
Class Overlay: TB-Wires
QTH: JN55
Operating Time (hrs): 13

------------
   80:   81
   40:  100
   20:  127
   15:   13
   10:    1
------------

Club: Worldwide Young Contesters

Comments:

Yes, even 1 QSO on 10m! Thanks S54E!

I am definitely not an RTTY fan and didn't plan to operate this one. Ended up
doing a few hours LP (60W, no way I run my radio full power on RTTY) quitting
when it was no more fun and giving points to some friends. This is, by far, the
highest RTTY score I've ever submitted. Don't think I will break such a personal
"record" soon.

I am in the "threebander-single wire" overlay although it was much
more of a "single multiband wire" one since I used a multiband
dipole.

10 and 15 were much disappointing. Hoped for some 15m action but they really
never openend up, not even towards Asia.

20m had long skip and couldn't hear many European stations that are usually an
easy reach. Working KL7SB made my day anyway.

40 and 80 were where the action was. More QSO points and easier to work prefixes
makes them the bands to be to improve the score. I didn't operate long on these.
40m is usually my worst band being it overcrowded and full of powerhouses. 80
were a bit better.

I noticed a couple of stations (eastern europe mainly), some even declaring LP
on the online leaderboard, with 2 to 3k wide signals. Guess they were having
issues with their transmitters...

Thanks everyone for the contacts. It has been a nice LP experience.
Hope to see you in the upcoming contests

FT-450 @ 60W
single multiband wire