[3830] RTTY WPX IQ1RY(IZ1LBG) SOSB/20 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, iz1lbg@alice.it
Subject: [3830] RTTY WPX IQ1RY(IZ1LBG) SOSB/20 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2018 10:25:01 +0000
                    CQ WPX RTTY Contest

Call: IQ1RY
Operator(s): IZ1LBG
Station: IZ1LBG

Class: SOSB/20 HP
QTH: Cortazzone (AT)
Operating Time (hrs): 30

------------
   80:
   40:
   20: 1464
   15:
   10:
------------

Club: Italian Contest Club

Comments:

First thanks to IQ1RY team to let me use tha callsign once again.
Due to some renovation at the club and to the lack of operators a Multi was not
possibile so I turned out to a single band from home.

Having dome 80m last year, I decided to try another band. The choose was
obviously between 40m and 20m.
Until friday the idea was to try 40m, then I switched to 20m when I heard that
the band was wide open to AS/JA all the morning.
I think I have made the rigth choice since 20m was really in a fantastic shape
during the weekend.

Opening to Asia and Japan was solid all the morning with huge signal, opening to
US was also very good with at least 2 hours of good opening to Weast Coast.
Unfortunatly band closed just too early.
On the other hand, signal from Europe was low on the weekend. Every QSO with EU
was a struggle, especially station usually strong from here as G and EA.
The band was full of signal from 14076 or below to over 14150, so the second
radio has been really usefull. At the end more than 400 QSO were made with it,
and overall more than 500 QSO were made in S&P.

At the end just less than 60% of QSO were with DX stations, remarcable high for
a low sunspots period.

Thanks to all for QSO.
To the next one!

Filippo IZ1LBG