[3830] WPX SSB KT5J(OL5Y) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, OL5Y@mastrant.com
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB KT5J(OL5Y) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2018 18:45:59 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: KT5J
Operator(s): OL5Y
Station: K5TR

Class: SOAB HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 36
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:   14
   80:  269
   40: 1111
   20: 1627
   15:  141
   10:   29
------------

Club: Czech Contest Club

Comments:

What a awesome station (and location) has K5TR! Thanks to his hospitality I
could operate it in WPX SSB contest. Because I did not experienced "the
best practices" for the station and operating from Texas, I made many
strategical mistakes. Also I was not happy how I "controlled" the K3s
- it was my first time with it. But I enjoyed whole contest very much - the best
phone contest in the last 15 years for sure. And I realized that I have to
improve my SSB contest ability a lot.
Thank you George! And also to all who called me.

Station: http://www.k5tr.net/
2x Elecraft K3 radios (tnx k5ot)
2x AL-1500 amp
N1MM+

160
- 1/4 wave sloping verticals sloped east and west
- SAL-30 RX array

80
- Half wave sloping dipoles - sloped NE, NW from 120'
- SAL-30 RX array

40
- 4 element yagi at 120'
- Cushcraft 40-2CD at 87'