[3830] ARRL 160 K3KU Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 K3KU Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2018 02:52:43 +0000
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: K3KU
Operator(s): K3KU
Station: K3KU

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MDC
Operating Time (hrs): 6

Total:  QSOs = 302  Sections = 47  Countries = 0  Total Score = 28,388

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

My regular Saturday night 2330Z start.  109 QSOs in my first hour.  That might
not be so hot for you, but for me, with 100W and a dipole, it's smokin'.
Several interruptions, including a food and sleep break when the rate got really
clobbered by the QRN.  I finally QRT about 1300Z, not having had a QSO for 15
minutes.

QRN Saturday night -- Other participants have remarked on it.  It was so bad
here that I thought the power line noise was on (it's been intermittent since SS
CW).  Who knows, maybe there was power line noise under the QRN.

Tons of MD, VA, EPA, etc., but a struggle to work beyond the Father of Waters.
Biggest thrill was getting called by VA7[I won't tell].  That was a real WOW!
So was working that loud N9 regular in MT, but he is so good that you come to
expect the QSO -- he makes it seem so easy.

No DX countries worked. I think I heard one or two Europeans, and maybe an EA8.
A C6 could not pull me through a while after his sunrise.

The first of my two VI's was funny.  I found a "clear" spot, did some
QRL?-type stuff, and started calling CQ.  After a couple of CQs I heard a weak
signal saying "Art, pse QSY QSY QRL 599 VI" It was Phil, KP2[I won't
tell].  I sent him a report, said "SRI", and went away.