[3830] ARRL 10 F4GXX SO Mixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, baptiste.hermange@hotmail.fr
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 F4GXX SO Mixed HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2018 18:49:10 +0000
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: F4GXX
Operator(s): F4GXX
Station: F4GXX

Class: SO Mixed HP
QTH: IN97fv
Operating Time (hrs):

   CW:  24     12
  SSB:   9      4
-------------------
Total:  33     16  Total Score = 1,824

Club:

Comments:

Working conditions: ICOM 7300, AMERITRON AL-811H @500W + 4el OWA Yagi (OM) @7m
AGL (the OWA antenna was made 48h before the contest to replace my venerable
Moxon, to improve signals)

As Olli de DH8BQA said:
"Much perserverance needed! Some spotty ES Saturday morning, else all on
Meteor Scatter and some locals + tropo scatter."

I agree with Olli's analysis about propagation during this contest (small ES
period, Meteor Scatter, Tropo Scatter). QSB was very fast on weak signals so it
was very hard to pick-up some new multi, even in EU (sorry for S57C, I never
heared my NR).

Saturday:
In the beginning, I was waiting for PA, RU, DL, OE, S5, UA stations (like 2016
edition). I only made 9 CW QSO from 08:25 to 16:14 UTC....(DL, OY, LY, F, EA,
V5,GM).

Absolutely no problem to hear and work V51YJ. He was S5 to S9+ during long
minutes. TNX for CW QSO!

However I was quite lucky saturday evening because there was a good opening to
South America that allowed me to make 15 QSO with this continent (PY, LU, CX),
and a QSO with D4C also!!!

Unfortunately, no NA station was heared/logged as I expected, like it was in
2016.

Saturday:
Wow...what a long day, like crossing a desert...
Propagation was worse than saturday. Only 8 QSO (4 QSO with local F stations).

I was always listening to DL2ARD, DH8BQA and F5IN signals intermittently, but
once again V51YJ was there in the morning for minutes with a good signal!

There have been a good opening to OY for long minutes during afternoon.

In the evening absolutely no south-america signal heared, like was the day
before. What a desappointment.

After contest I saw all spots on cluster and understood that I was placed too
far in the West to enjoy ES, like other EU stations. That's the conclusion I
drew.

I will try to do better next year.

TNX for reading and see you next time on Ten.

GL es GD DX

73'

Baptiste