[3830] TBDC N4XD Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ron.e.spencer@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] TBDC N4XD Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2018 16:16:30 +0000
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: N4XD
Operator(s): N4XD
Station: N4XD

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: NC
Operating Time (hrs): 8.5

Total:  QSOs = 470  Total Score = 1,778

Club: Smithchart Amateur Radio Society

Comments:

Drove all night from Chicago area to arrive for the contest. Got flu and cold up
there so not a full effort.

Band seemed flat and degraded as the contest continued. Seemed very few EU
stations were on and few were strong. Did work 3 18 point Qs so that was good.

Phased towers seemed to load lower in band than before. I'm guessing the VERY
saturated ground here (Jordan Lake, near the station, is near levels I've only
seen after a hurricane) may have something to do with it. That said they seemed
to work well.

Overall, as usual, a fun contest. Thank you Tree and others for continuing to
put this contest on.