[3830] ARRLDX SSB W4GE SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, schmiera@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB W4GE SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 04 Mar 2019 00:41:34 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB - 2019

Call: W4GE
Operator(s): W4GE
Station: W4GE

Class: SO Unlimited HP
Cabrillo Category: Single-Op All-Band Assisted One-Transmitter HP
QTH: SC
Operating Time (hrs): 14:48

  160:   30    27
   80:   92    51
   40:  102    54
   20:  288    77
   15:   62    16
   10:
-------------------
Total:  574   225  Total Score = 385,425

Club: Carolina DX Association

Comments:

That was a rough slog.  Worked all heard on spots and then took a break as the
earth rotated a bit until the propagation changed enough to bring some
additional countries to into the radio light. Running seemed relatively
unproductive for the most part, yielding the weaker stations that took a lot of
time to decipher.  Social commitments as always limited my time.., Ah well.

I apologize to some of the LP stations for not being able to pull some out of
the noise.  The T Storms over NA didn't help matters either.

But it was a contest and it was a good test of equipment and technique with a
consistent group of knowledgeable and polite people.  Thank you all for being
there and doing your part with grace under pressure!

Rick
W4GE

Rig:  2 sets (K3/P3), KPA500, KAT500, ACOM 1500, Xmatch, VA6AM  Triplexer and
Filtermax filters.

Transmit antennas: 80m 1/4 wave vertical with ground radials -- base loaded for
160m, 40m 1/4 wave vertical with elevated radials, K4KIO Hex at 11m.

Receive antennas:  NE/NW Pennants, Rotating Pixel Loop, S BOG