[3830] FlQP N4ARO SOAB(A)Mixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] FlQP N4ARO SOAB(A)Mixed LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2019 18:23:19 +0000
                    Florida QSO Party - 2019

Call: N4ARO
Operator(s): N4ARO
Station: N4ARO

Class: SOAB(A)Mixed LP
QTH: TN
Operating Time (hrs): 12.5

   40:  163     30
   20:   12      0
   15:
   10:
--------------------
Total:  175     30  CW Mults = 66  Ph Mults = 20  Total Score = 65,360

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

Missed a sweep of all counties by one, Okeechobee. Was chasing several mobiles
that were going to activate it, but missed working it by a hair.

Mobile/Portable Stations:
Worked at least 12 different Mobiles which kept things interesting.  It was most
helpful to list their planned routes and circle the needed scarce counties as
they moved along.  This information was on the FQP website prior to the event.
Made a great tool for racking up the multis.
Special thanks to:
K4OJ 26 contacts, AD4ES 22 contacts, AD4EB 20 contacts. N4TO 13 cpntacts.
The mobile stations were responsible for providing exactly half of my 66 CW
multipliers at 33.  It would have been a dull contest without them.

What was wrong with 20 meters:   Various times, I tried to work stations I could
hear (although mostly weak signals) with no luck. I tried every antenna I had at
my disposal and they just could not hear me with very rare exceptions.   The Hex
Beam pointed at them yielded 0 contacts, the only thing that worked at all was
one of my 40-meter full wave loops.   I am sure stations further away were
having a great time working FL as you could see on the spotting sites.   TN
operators cannot hope to really compete against those more favored with
propagation for that distance.

It is too bad that Florida does not include 80 meters in their list of bands to
work.   That would be a good band for this distance in the evening and early
morning hours.

Great job of selecting the 1x1 stations as they were on full time on both phone
and CW and I was able to work them all on both modes. Thanks guys.
N4ARO