[3830] OhQP K8MAD(W1NN) Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, hal@japancorporateresearch.com
Subject: [3830] OhQP K8MAD(W1NN) Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2019 11:09:11 +0000
                    Ohio QSO Party - 2019

Call: K8MAD
Operator(s): W1NN
Station: W1NN

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MEDI
Operating Time (hrs): 8.5
Radios: SO2R

   80:  129     74
   40:   90     51
   20:   51      9
   15:
   10:
--------------------
Total:  270    134  CW Mults = 98  Ph Mults = 72  Total Score = 114,580

Club: North Coast Contesters

Comments:

40 and 20 were a struggle so all the activity went to 80 from the very start.
My antenna is cut for the CW portion of the band and is not so effective up
above 3825 where the activity is concentrated.  Phone activity was all the way
up past 3870.  No jerks encountered, a pleasant surprise.

In-state activity was very good.  I worked 69 Ohio counties.  This might be my
best county total ever.

This is the only contest in which I operate phone so it took some time to get
things working and I'm not sure that my mic settings were correct. It's also one
of the few contests in which I have to use N1MM, so I struggled with that too.
Overall it was fun tho.  Great job by the mobiles. I only heard one mobile
outside 80 meters and he was too weak to work, but they were strong on 80.  I
only worked one or two mobiles on phone but rover K8RYU was nice and loud in the
counties he operated from.  40 was a complete mess with RTTY all over the
recommended frequencies.  Maybe we need to move down the band.

Thanks to the organizers and log checkers.  It must be a lot of work!  BTW, the
website looks great.

73, Hal W1NN op of K8MAD