[3830] WWDigi W6IA SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, MARKW6IA@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] WWDigi W6IA SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 01 Sep 2019 19:10:03 +0000
                    World Wide Digi DX Contest - 2019

Call: W6IA
Operator(s): W6IA
Station: W6IA

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 3.5

  160:
   80:  18      8
   40:  30     13
   20:  16     14
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  64     35  Total Score = 4,200

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Thanks to the organizers for the truly professional launch of this contest. The
practice sessions, help files, etc., were all very helpful. The N1MM interface
worked without any problems. Bravo!

All of that being said this contest was less than enjoyable at the low power
level... at least on the FT4 side. I can't really say if the problem was the
power and/or the crowded bands and/or the software...only that it took alot of
effort and many attempts to establish FT4 QSOs despite many strong signals on
the bands.

Despite the slower overall rates the higher individual QSO success rate prompted
me to spend more time on FT8 than I had expected.  I also found more DX mults on
FT8.  I made a decision only to operate in the contest segments so never checked
the daily FT4/FT8 bands nor had any QSOs with non-contesters.

We are all really learning and advancing the science and art of ham radio which
was the best part of this contest.

73 to all,

Mark W6IA